Monday, April 30, 2007

Nice Timing

Five more sleeps until we get on the plane and...

I have a cold.

That's right, in a act of pure, wilful defiance my normally iron-clad immune system has gone on strike and let the children's colds come screaming in.

I don't think I can handle any more grapefruit juice, Advil, exposure to Kleenex, sniffling etc... Really, it's getting old. Considering when I do get colds they hang around for three to four days and this one's been really stuck on for a day and a half, I should be feeling great by Thursday. However, if my immune system doesn't pull it together, the two of us are going to be having a serious talk.

On the upside, if I still have a cold when I get on the plane, at least I can infect 200 or so other people. Misery loves company. Right?

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Don't know what some of these names are. But I used turmeric. Right out of the spice jar from the store. I don't know, it makes me feel good.
Cuts inflammation in joints. And here
it says it can cut short the common cold. I do know it has some sort of natural antibiotic going for it.
Andrographis paniculata, green tea, piperine, olive leaf, and turmeric have all been recommended for the common cold. Be sure and take gum on the plane. Drink lots of ginger tea. Makes you feel better. Take some Traditional Medicinal Ginger tea bags on plane with you. GNC store sells it. Its the best.